Sunday 23 May 2010

Spick and span

If Pope Benedict is looking for saints to canonise then I will nominate myself! It had to be done .... the job I hate most..... on the hottest day of the year it has to be done.....all the beds were stripped right down to the mattress & bases....all bedding including blankets & mattress protectors washed & dried outside in the sun while vacuuming & turning matresses etc....agh! I am sweating cobs.....the house is adorned with piles of sheets, valances either to be washed or to be ironed.....furniture is moved to get at underbed drawers wherein H1 & I swopped rolls of summer duvets for autumn ones.... the washing machine has throbbed away all day......now we will sleep well for one night then frost will hit the North!! We did manage a barbecue, boules and quoits amid the sheets drying white & crisp in the sun.


The berberis, clematis and lilac are beautiful. We have had a beautiful week- in fact yesterday saw temperatures of 28 degrees in the north east.


I forgot to mention last time I blogged that if you do go down to Eden Camp then stop at the village with the little bakery on the bend and with outside tables beside the wee ford- buy the pasties, sausage rolls fresh out of the oven and bring some bread home with you to slice & stick in the freezer ready just to pull out & pop in the toaster.


Did I also tell you when I mentioned walking from the White Monk Tearoom in Blanchland last week - they had charged one of our group £1.50 for the hot water she ordered to drink- frugal Friars or mean monks?!

No comments:

Post a Comment