Monday 2 August 2010

Buzz



We went to see 3D Toy Story 3 before the hordes descended on the cinema (the school holidays started two weeks ago); I loved it- it operates on two levels-for the young it is fun and scary; adults too will find it those things though if you are a parent I think you will find it sad thinking about times passed. Read A.A.Milne's 'The House at Pooh Corner' wherein the last paragraph is similarly wistful.

'So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing.'

J.M.Barry said 'If a man is sick of London he is sick of life'. Try as I might I cannot like our capital city! I am so proud of every thing it represents via 10 Downing St, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace etc but for me it is 'noise, traffic,muck, people and very few Londoners'. We have been to see D2 and fiance and to have a girly day looking at wedding dresses. However trauma with a relative caused anxieties second to none.... I shall tell you about that another time.



For the first time in years I sent an Interflora bouquet (£30+ £7 Interflora charge)-to the engaged pair; the bouquet arrived- brown edged lilies, dead flowers and all; I rang my florist who rang the London florist; the latter asked to recollect it within the hour so she could check its condition; 4 hours later!! she recollected and delivered a new one. I went to visit 3-4 days later- so small, pathetic and almost dead (see photo above- that wilting bunch cost £37) nothing like the one chosen from the Interflora catalogue. Having said it was not their responsibility and with my making lots of phonecalls & emails (with photos), Interflora have offered to send a £10 voucher to D2. Shabby ,unacceptable and appalling customer service so don't send things Interflora is my advice. I bought a gorgeous bouquet off our local florist for P&M's silver wedding-3 stems of white lilies and 5 white delphinium, straw wrap,greentissuey paper and card for £11.



Men have a weird mindset and selective hearing. I suggested to H1 not to buy flowers to celebrate our anniversary as we would be away so he bought a dozen red roses!!!!!! They are beautiful now we are back (all except for one which has died unopened after just 3 days and alone probably cost an arm and a leg).



Meanwhile gardens are showing the effects of a snap of cold, rain and moving into later summer; roses are blowsy while buddleia butterfly bushes, montbretia and hydrangea are all full out.So many fields this year are filled with cereal crops especially wheat- has the EEC taken the subsidy off rape? The fields are golden and combined harvesters are trundling up and down sacking grain and stacking or rolling hay. Subsequent ploughs and harrows are followed by a cloud of gulls.



Over the last two weeks we have all seen lots of dead bees- why? I hope my solo bee is not one of them. H1 has positioned my birthday bee-home on the fence; I wait expectantly...

No comments:

Post a Comment