Monday 27 June 2011

June, June , June


We have followed up all the visits to gardens by leaving ours to England's drought never thinking it would bucket while we were away and we'd return to a jungle!



The garden is full of roses- shrub roses, tea and peace roses (so old and gnarled that they should be replaced but I haven't the heart when they are so beautiful and so fragrant),climbers, ramblers .....


I need to cut back the first crop of the various types of geranium flowers so I can get a second flush.



There are clematis crawling along the fence.



The mock orange is heavy with blossom and heady with perfume.


I sometimes wonder why I planted these wild sweet peas- my parents had them and they were absolutely wild. (the plants not my parents!) I saw an exboyfriend in his mum's garden and when he said they were my parent's sweetpeas I was hooked- aagh! they are rampant now.



Somewhere in the heat of summer I managed to bake three wedding cakes; If you ever volunteer to (or get blackmailed to) make celebration cakes- herein lies a tip- think back to which of your friends have just had their offspring getting married- and check out to see if they might have cake tins to lend you! They are expensive to buy and my friend L. was only too willing to offer- but I'd already bought and baked.



The landing is once again littered with bedding and towels after a hilarious weekend- a hen party for about 20 of us! Our London and Leeds contingents saw Newcastle on Northumberland Plate day at the end of Race Week- which also meant the Town Moor was aglow with the Hoppings. Town was heaving!!!The bride carried out some daunting 'Dares', we made delicious cocktails,ate pizza, sang at the tops of our voices in a karaoke pod, and were given some real hospitality in Martha's. No wonder we all lay on the lawn in the glorious sunshine of Sunday morning and snoozed- absolutely 'pegged' out!!!!!!!!


I have sacrificed the second set and more? of Andy Murray's match (played in 40+ degrees) at Wimbledon to catch up on this blog tonight;of course C and I have been there watching Serena and Venus and drinking Pimms.......
June is almost over, it is late, my eyes are heavy and Wee Willie Winkie must be running through the town so I need to get to my bed but I still haven't told you the most exciting things......

No comments:

Post a Comment