Saturday 17 March 2012

I need a gun!

Robert is making love to Roberta and I need a gun!
Our 'resident' pigeons have decided it is Spring and time for mating - right outside our bedroom window - at 5 a.m. She is, of course, playing hard to get and fluttering coyly all the time he is cooing softly in her lugs!! Aaagh!

Saturday early: a back wheel and a slim pair of buttocks disappear at the end of the Close and off into the early morning sunlight; H1 on his bike and D3 in her shorts and Breast Cancer Campaign T-shirt are off for their LONG run in preparation for her entry in the Marathon of the North. They run/cycle (her security guard!) 3 times a week- medical treatment prevents me from my usual cycling/training/minder role; nurses must know that my vigilant, backward glance (to check the huffer is still puffing ie my daughter is still alive) has caused Gosforth Park sandstone wall to contain lots of my DNA. 17 miles and lots of blisters before I see them again. But lots of friends have sponsored her on Virgin Money Giving so she ploughs on valiantly.

I have finished 'The Brightest Star in the Sky' by Marian Keyes.... now which book to read?

My potatoes are chitting in the garage; I am told it is traditional to plant (earlies?) on Good Friday.

Tomorrow is Mothering Sunday and the Equinox is round the corner; sunshine has been with us all week and is promised to shine on all good mums tomorrow!The evenings are now light and next weekend the clocks SPRING FORWARD an hour and British Summer Time begins.

I am going out to hang washing on the line. Drying outside saves so much energy & money- and sunlight has a natural 'antiseptic' power. I don't know how true it is but I have heard that New York streets contain lots of germs because the sun does not get down to ground level (due to skyscraper buildings blocking light at ground level)so there is no natural sterilisation by the sun. An urban myth?

Blue skies drifted lightly with a little cloud and lit by sunshine..... and a garden full of daffodils.
What is your day promising?

No comments:

Post a Comment