Sunday 22 December 2013

Solstice

I have mulled over whether or not to write my blog tonight- literally! I went to a mulled wine & games party last night and laughed myself silly (after a family Chinese meal- a tradition to us and a Newcastle match which was smashing to watch) . This morning I served (& drank some) mulled wine and sweet mince pies; this afternoon we relaxed at a neighbours' house with mulled wine and mince pies so I am celebrating the return of the sun and longer days with family, friends and food and drink!

I am struggling to find time to scribble - well- type- as life is so enjoyably busy.

One of the friends I met last week gave me Philippa Gregory's new book 'The White Princess' which is finished already! I don't buy books in hardback but wait till they come out cheaper in paper back- but H did so I devoured it- my period of history at 'A' level. H also gave me 'The Kingmaker's daughter'- but I think I have read it already- must check- though with my memory these days I could probably read most of it as though it was new to me. Then the third book awaits......

You will gather I have put Nelson Mandela aside  for a while- friends reassure me they had to do the same as it is heavy going- whereas Elizabeth's problems with Henry VII and other pretenders were pageturners so the book was grabbed at every opportunity.

Wrapping mainly done; the house needs a good hoover- but the  recorded final of 'Strictly ...' and a cuppa await before somebody tells me the result- my money is on Abbey (or is it Abbi?) so when you've got to go, you've got to go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment