Monday 16 August 2021

I wasn't back was I?!

Every so often I come back in to check what is going on Blogger and the statistics.

A friend frightened me years ago- telling me not to do blogs because malevolent people would be tracking me via this blog- and trying to find out where I live- so I stopped writing; I miss telling you about places- I know my area is gaining increasing numbers of tourists-well of course- because it is such a beautiful and interesting area! When an area is in the Marches- border country- it is a war zone- everyone wants to add it to their country; human greed causes such problems. Thus our area is filled with castles to defend from the incomers over the Border...plus clans/tribes/families from either and both sides of the Border want to steal  each others land/animals/women (to enslave)- in the North these families are known as the Reivers and the family names are still in existence today, though the Armstrongs, Pringles, Redpaths, Herons etc no longer thieve and fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment