Wednesday 16 February 2011

The show must go on!

I am green with envy! Bijou Raconteur has married her (new) job with her writing.... but then I don't work at my writing really- not even a night class... and someone told me my blog was a bit bland- really? I try not to be too controversial and try not to point the finger at too many people personally incase I get a nasty rebound but the comment has made me think.

A week of POSH rehearsals then performances followed by the after-show party has drained us all; returning the hall to a thousand times cleaner than the one our inclusive drama group inherited , was rewarded by an evening 'Putting on the Ritz'; Anton (du Beke) and Erin (Boag) from 'Strictly Come Dancing' strutted at the Sage; so eyecatching and glitzy with shakers, movers, crooners, big band, costumes and ballroom.


(Talking of crooners - click on him to see my robin singing his heart out? Oh the joy of a garden in spring!)

I have been so looked after recently. H1 and I met up with friends at Corbridge but first J. fed us a B&B best English brunch to fortify us before the walk- of course we popped in for crumpets at Cafe 6 in the market place later- as always, purely in the interests of supporting rural economy! Duty calls....



S. entertained us in a large and lovely group of friends for a magnificent lunch; I really must think about doing more entertaining. I seem to make the same meals all the time now.... and when I think of all the entertaining I used to do....



I was able to wear my best frock (well a long gown which hid the figure) at St. James' Park on Thursday night for the Rag Ball... Northumbria Rag has passed all previous years with £27,000 raised for charity this year.



I have experimented with a dry, sunless, shaded patch of soil and planted a climber (dead?), a clematis (looking poorly when I last saw it!) snowdrops and a skimmia; my skimmia and snowdrops have flowered! Nothing else has ever survived the arid conditions but of late I have thrown bowls of washing up water over the patch .....



We don't venture 'south of the water' often but friends arranged a meet in Weardale; today made me wonder why we don't head for 'the Land of Prince Bishops' more often! The glorious February sunshine absorbed just a little of the clarts; my boots have been scrubbed in order to excavate them from 2 inches of mudcake ; we plodged much of the time but breathing deep revives me a little after so many sleepless nights.


(Doubleclick on the photo and see if you can find the heron!)

No comments:

Post a Comment