Saturday 5 February 2011

Better than a gym workout!

....and cheaper too!



I have leaf-raked up 20 bags of beech leaves from the garden borders; I love it! I have spent 3 days in the garden dragging from border to lawn then scraping up copper-hued, crispy ,crunchy leaves and moss and stuffing umpteen of the hundreds of unused (but 'please use me for other things if you can not leave out the following items for our collection') charity bags then taking them to the recycling centre's 'garden waste' skip- they will be compost for the city soon!



My hard work has been rewarded by a revelation of all sorts of green spears peeping up above the soil under the carpet of leaves.



I have finished 'Blood Royal' by Vanora Bennett and the lives of Catherine de Valois and Owain Tudor shall be returned to H. soon; now I have started on Mary, Queen of Scots in Phillippa Gregory's 'The Other Queen'- a Christmas gift from H1.



After hoary, cold days we have had 'blue skies shining at me' in both garden and on the Ladies when we promenaded above the Long Sands at Tynemouth/Whitley Bay. Now we reckon we are getting the backlash of Queensland's cyclone as winds have brought down fences and branches. I hope I have not been premature in presuming winter is over and my birds no longer need blanketed borders and warm water in the bird bath!



H1 and I have been to see 'Black Swan'; all my days doing ballet and dragging him along to see dance.... (he disliked the white ballets but enjoyed 'The Nutcracker', 'Coppelia' and in particular loved (and laughed at)the Trocadero Ballet Company)...... but neither of us liked this film. Are we so oldfashioned that we find explicit sex scenes indiscreet and unnecessary?



I was invited to a wedding fayre at the Arena- such fun but such an eyeopener! 25 year old, size 8 models in outfits for 'Mother of the Bride'!! Honesty!?

No comments:

Post a Comment