Monday 25 April 2011

I was going to write about...... but


I was going to write about Allendale's woods carpeted with periwinkle, wood anemone, and wood sorrel...... about verges and roundabouts yellowy, orange and sunlit with dandelions..... about Ridley Hall's lawns spattered with forget-me-nots ..... and pink campion and bluebells beginning to colour up in the Easter sun but maybe I won't.



It maybe that I am snatching the opportunity to blog because
a) the computer is free
b) H1 is not demanding me to view the Humax ( I must give him his due- he is always proactive in wielding the remote control in order to record television programmes!)
c)I am trying not to eat any more Easter eggs so I am keeping myself occupied. (this being the real reason!)



Even accompanying D3 on our 6 mile jaunt (I must be honest again- D3 running & me cycling) has done nothing to close my mouth & whittle down my calories.



I was going to write about gardening all Good Friday in sunshine and shorts.....yes! about my frozen to death, very expensive Avalanche clematis (dead as a dodo) and my eternal sweetpea which may well have gone to eternity to be with my grandiflora clematis, ceanothus, astilbe and Avalanche (according to the garden centre tickets I took a sneaky peek at- the latter will survive to -8'- well it didn't!)



I was going to scribble about our visit to Cragside with 11,000 bulbs planted in the formal garden; about our picnic up on Nelly Moss Lake........



On my camera I could not capture the cherry blossom petals drifting like snow across pavements so I won't write about that.



However as I dismantle my chick-laden bonnet, and consider how I am going to use up half a dozen hardboiled eggs (in a house where folks are egg allergic!), I can tell you that our Easter celebrations were brilliant! The joy on peoples' faces as folks paraded in their flower-covered bonnets, displayed their paste eggs (I still marvel at the ingenious ideas for decorating eggs),hunted for eggs and laughed so much as 100+ of us egg jarped till we got a King Jarper.



At home afterwards we had an egg hunt, a barbecue and played fun garden games with C,J,P,C and A. Today as it clouded over a bit we had a 'proper ' dinner and played 'Absolute Balderdash'. I have had a lovely Easter though I missed D2- but I am fagged out by all this jollity!

No comments:

Post a Comment