Saturday 1 October 2011

Like the dawning of the morning.....

and so it is..... my plan...... isolation till.... given time to calm the situation ... then I go back and ask if we can talk over a cup of coffee/tea.



Outside we sit, survey, contemplate. H1 says
"I've had an idea. It doesn't seem fair to slump the heap against a fence so why not........"



Bingo! We work out where to try & I persuade him it is not important if we make a mistake (already I am thinking will our hedgehog find the new location of the heap before hibernation- there is snow forecast for October- IT IS OCTOBER TODAY!)



Meabwhile the silence of the patient wait affords me time to read my book from cover to cover. The Faithless Wife is set in Menorca and I recognised most of the places mentioned.I had not realised there was such Menorquan resistance to the Franco Fascist takeover.



It is a beautiful island set like a jewel in the Mediterranean; white houses grouped round pretty calas; turquoise sea wrapped round headlands;it was very hot when we were there. Our hosts walk daily among wild tortoises of every size in the land near their home. I tried to scale them so you could appreciate the sizes and colours of their shells.



My neighbour says I am a girl on a mission today- but weddings (first time and 40 years of rubies) and holidays leave no time for housework so I have blitzed- and now I am going to stuff a marrow!



I shall return to insert photographs.




The moral? Plant the seed and wait to see what grows......

No comments:

Post a Comment