Tuesday 24 January 2012

Cakes and cuppas

The road to Hell is paved with intention says the proverb........

So I was going to emulsion D3's bedroom into a neutral, in current fashion, rather bland colour but I got too many invitations out so H1 has done the job instead of just doing the gloss (do not tell my father but H1 always glosses & I always avoid the gloss as I am useless at it-drips run up the brush & my hand.)

Instead of a decorating twirl I have had a social whirl.

Ly picked me up & we walked Seaton Sluice beach- port to the De Laval family of (Van Brugh's design) Seaton Delaval Hall.

C invited me the next day.... while M knew I was coming so she baked a cake (& sang the song!)- wow! A Victoria Sandwich cake as light as a feather. Apple & mint tea with M at long last. The Ladies visited the Border Minstrel and followed that with a visit to 'Tenth Avenue Cakes' at Seaton Delaval roundabout. Cupcake heaven- and designs of cakes for every occasion- a 5 foot high Harry Potter cake takes the biscuit! I shall be like a house-end shortly.

I have finished reading 'The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake' by Aimee Bender- what a dysfunctional family and though interesting, not necessarily my cup of tea- even if it is about an autistic boy.....
I am Bookcrossing it- to travel wild- where shall I leave it to be found?

Oh my goodness! A transAtlantic phonecall from an old friend- we golden oldies just pick up where we left off! Years just disappear & we natter as we always did.

Now I am halfway through Kathryn Stockett's 'The Help'- I taught about Rosa Parkes as well as singing & dancing my way through the Civil Rights movement of the 6os - unputdownable- I have made a mistake picking it up- I have got to go settle myself with a cup of tea and my book!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous24.1.12

    Oh well...2 out of 3 aint bad! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs P, glad that the weather is improving soon you'll be out in the garden grafting. You'll need to to work off all those cakes...
    Love Mrs H xx

    ReplyDelete