Sunday 14 April 2013

Woodhorn



If you have heard of 'Pitmen Painters' which is a brilliant play about miners from Ashington early in the twentieth century painting then you may know about Woodhorn Colliery; it is now a museum where, among other things, you can see their paintings.



We paid £2? to park the car, had soup accompanied by live folk music in 'The Cutter' then went to an exhibition which is on till June. If I could be bothered to trundle downstairs I could be more accurate on the date.



Dressing the Stars holds a special collection of outfits from various couturiers and wardrobe designers for films.




It didn't need Johnny Depp to illustrate how good the Captain Jack Swallow costume was.




I may not think Keira Knightley is a good actress but I thought she was a walking coat hanger in 'The Duchess' as Georgiana.


I did think Emma Thompson was great in most films she performed in.


and Colin Firth/Helena Bonham Carter in 'The King's Speech' is, I think, the only film I have been to see twice.


Someone must have worked like a Trojan to make Brad's suit of armour

and Orlando Bloom had two costumes there




Needless to say Sir Laurence Olivier's Henry Vth was at the forefront of such a demonstration of British skills


Elizabethan England via 'Shakespeare in Love' and 'Elizabeth' graced the rear of the display










and I thought I was  fantastic making an Easter bonnet.....







No comments:

Post a Comment