Monday 27 January 2014

Sniffling and tired

Yep! I have managed to avoid it so far but nose running like a tap.

The family has all disappeared, clearing up after the onslaught done, my ironing finished (well mine- H1 has still got his to do), pantomime & prompting over for another year ......

I have finished reading 'The Queen's Vow' and started on a strange but interesting book given to me by D2 for Christmas- 'The Fishing Fleet' a non-fiction about girls who went over to India in search of a husband in the 1700s and 1800s; fascinating how many English men went in the East India Company/Civil Service/Indian Army and how many girls found more men available in India than in England. English families set up in the subcontinent and lived in India for generations never to return till after 1947 and Indian independence. I had a relative who we think (after watching Alistair McGowan's 'Who do you think you are?') may well have been Anglo-Indian.

I am not used to this spare, quiet time and do not know what to do with myself

1 comment:

  1. An interesting post.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete