Monday 13 January 2014

Surprise Surprise

At last we have had permission to say we can tell people we were on the television programme 'Surprise, Surprise ' for all the recycling you contribute to charities I donate to. That was the time I blogged about being in London but we were signed up to silence.
The result/reward was beautiful flowers sent regularly- gorgeous but a real Surprise, Surprise!

Everyone seems to be spring cleaning- or Spring organising and hoying stuff out- sorry! that is Geordie for throwing your unwanted things away; I spend my time going to a) the Cancer Research shop with large bags of clothes, books  or white elephant stuff for selling for charity b) the local Infirmary with magazines (for clinics) and gift bags (to put patients' drains in), c) a High Street cafĂ© which is saving used stamps for the local Hospice d) my optometrist's shop with spectacles for Vision Aid Overseas
It will all slow down a bit when everyone finishes tidying up after Christmas. A winter sun sliding low through the window, highlights the dust and clutter; thus the clearouts.

I admit to gallivanting out for meals and occasions and celebrations for births and a Baptism- ooh! and something really exciting arrived in the first post after New Year-an invitation to a wedding. We had so many weddings last year (like buses- there are none then they come all together- probably due to the age of our offspring and their friends) that we did not expect to receive any invitations this year;  the babies are now starting to arrive- all surprises- most people seem to be avoiding finding out the gender of the baby before birth- I wouldn't want to know- would you? I reckon life has too few nice surprises these days that boy or girl and their name has to be one of the best left.

Then did I mention our rehearsals for a pantomime?

What little spare time I have I read- currently 'The Queen's Vow' by C.W. Gortner- about the early life of Queen Isabella (and Ferdinand) of Castile (Spain); in the late 1400s.

If I clear out a drawer I might reward myself with a chapter.......

No comments:

Post a Comment