Wednesday 22 December 2010

Solstice

Light and warmth are now on their way back! Hurrah! I greet the dawn of December 21st with a cheer every year; my 'electric light syndrome' (now everyone calls it SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder?) has always caused me to get a bit down in winter months for all I love winter as much as every other season in Britain.




Last week D3 and I were invited to the Tyneside to see 'In Our Name'; the Tyneside is a lovely Art Nouveau picture house, bar and cafe; we met cast and crew of the young persons' film which was largely filmed in the North East of England; the film showed different forms of post traumatic stress symptoms (and their effects) as revealed particularly in a female returning from a war-zone. Wow!



The snow is picking its way from the heavens which are full with the promise of more to come. The birds are desperately hungry. There are more tracks in the garden.




Will folks get home for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment