Friday 12 August 2011

Cliches

Some months ago we attended the Northern Film and Media showing on the big screen of the first of the Vera series starring Brenda Blethyn; the Tyneside Cinema is a favourite haunt especially with a silver screen card! There was, of course, a Q&A (pretentious!? but a very 'in' expression) with a panel of Ann Cleeves (author and dyed in the wool Northumbrian), Brenda Blethyn, the actor who played Joe, the producer and the president of Northern Films and Media; we all enjoyed the film (played spot the location) and free books were given out; I have just finished and bookcrossed 'The Crow Trap'.. Now to start on 'Telling Tales' by the same author.

It's raining
It's pouring
The old man is snoring.......

A week of stotting rain....so a place to visit indoors is the free Norman Cornish exhibition at the Gallery of Northumbria University. Aged 93 and an ex-miner, Norman Cornish captures 1950s and 1960s North East pit villages with terraces of houses, Silver Cross push-chairs,pubs, headscarves and men with whippets and pints..... and he can draw/paint; we all loved his work - being shown till early October.

I am surprised by the people who read my blog; statistics show it is read all over the world; Hi! I am flattered but can I say that if you think I am writing about something you don't like then bear in mind I don't mean to offend anyone but I suppose I could say if the cap fits, wear it; but maybe if you can't stand the heat then don't go into the kitchen so use your mouse to click the weblog off; my blog is my kind of journal and maybe presents my perception of things and reflects emotions such as hurt, anger, pleasure,relaxation and my observations on my surroundings; it is my voice offering my take on things. Everyone is human and therefore not always right in the eyes of others.

I never ever thought I would see in England what I have seen on television this week; as D said to me, " Is this what our parents fought for?" Pointless riots and looting- stealing and thuggery.

No comments:

Post a Comment