Wednesday 17 August 2011

The great unwashed.

I freely admit to being a country cousin. I find London claustrophobic, hot , fumefilled and traffic enmeshed. I know it has history, tradition, wonderful architecture(even the Gherkin?), good friends & relatives but it no longer seems like England- and I only breathe deep again as we head north and pass Elstree (with the studios) and see fields and forests. I admit London has lots of parks- more 'lungs' than most capital cities but...

The shower is still a non-functioning leak. Like our brains at the pub quiz!

I have read 'Chameleon' by local lady Beda Higgins; this book was a gift from K. and prompted a few memories and contained unusual twists.

Now to Vera..... but only after J.K.Rowling's 'Who do you think you are?'

No comments:

Post a Comment