Wednesday 11 April 2012

Easter 2012


Last week after strong winds, driving sleet and snow on Tuesday, Ly drove us to the beach- the Long Sands. The tumbling waves pounded on the shore; the song of the surf was mesmerising; the kitesurfers were skimmimg along the line of waves then were lifted so high up above the whipped up, white foam.



The garden is full of spring flowers; it has certainly been a good year for tulips.



The daffodils and narcissi have been dashed low and have not resurrected the way the tulips have.



Pink begemia heads are winking from among the daffodil spears.



Grape hyacinth have lifted back up again too after the storms.



On Maundy Thursday I needed to knead! I made hot cross buns by hand, kneading a mound of spicey dough for at least 10minutes.



The results were worth it & kept us in breakfasts all weekend when 'the gang' arrived!



D3 made an Easter bonnet, I decorated a pace egg (which won!) but I confess Ch. was cheated as her egg had SO much work in it.



H1, C and M put up a garden shed while we went to visit D & D at 10th Avenue Cakes in Seaton Delaval- go and check out the cupcakes & have a look at the Harry Potter cake which has won so many prizes; everything (except Ron's car) is edible- Hogwart's, Kings Cross, dementors, owls, Voldemort, Hagrid.......



I boiled eggs for jarping thus we have had 'seaside' sandwiches (egg & tomato) several lunches this week.



The Easter celebrations seemed to go well.



I set up things-



then we hung pegs on the trees & church stonework, put out tables, got prizes & wine -
then my brilliant family & P. ran everything for me. H1 as always - ran the egg jarping to find the King Jarper....which people always seem to have a laugh over- I cannot resist showing you some of the jarpers- folk who always support the carry-on!



Meanwhile..... I dripped drops into an eye infection?- or was it a reaction to all the flowers I had received?!!The doctors couldn't identify it but I blame myself for cutting the stamens off the stargazer lilies which were in one of the bouquets! I am a daft scone!



So after the Crucifixion comes the Resurrection- thus the Christian belief in the symbols of the cross which has been beaten by goodness and the possibility of life with God rises again.

No comments:

Post a Comment