Monday 11 June 2012

Flaming June?

Tonight seems to have the first blue sky and sunglow we have seen in weeks; the rays of sunlight are slanting through our windows but at this time in the evening I am not going out to start weeding the garden & planting up hanging baskets. High cirrus clouds are drifted across the heavens like icing sugar inviting me out........ but I have done all the walking I intend to do today.

C & I walked from Hexham Riverside Park along to Warden, lunched lightly at the pub (The Boat?) and walked back- we tried to walk it 3? weeks ago & gave up because it was too hot- how things have changed; here we are almost at midsummer day (& the days getting shorter) and the only summer we have seen was in March.















 We have been wedding dress hunting- I will say no more..........


I have also fed Herman the German friendship cake and baked and passed on more Hermans- mm! Herman with apple, raisins and cinnamon smelt and tasted delicious. Herman is a sour dough recipe that you feed then give bits away to friends to start off  their own Hermans; apparently he has his own website too.



Meanwhile the honeysuckle grows in profusion on Northumbrian lanes; the roses are unfolding too.

No comments:

Post a Comment