Saturday 15 September 2012

Anna Karenina

We went to the Tyneside Cinema to see Anna Karenina this week; Keira Knightley is such a clothes-horse in costumes for period dramas- I wonder why producers and wardrobe mistresses don't ask me  to help out? I could swan around in velvet and silk though I would draw the line at fur. Of course I would have to be forced to take a young lover.... but I would ' take one for the team'.

Funny how you don't think of yourself as getting old (well I don't- I will not go there graciously!) until someone states it. For me who is so active it was a bit of a slap in the face when I asked the optometrist at RVI's eye A and E, she told me that the cause of my PVD floaters was that I had had 'too many birthdays'- she was being kind but for the first time I think it hit me that this was time and tide waiting for no man. C'est la vie.......

The wind blew the bird table over during the night before last; it is now in pieces and awaiting H1's attention and dubious DIY skills. I planted the Helianthus (Lemon Queen) and a Gaura (Rosy Jane) and half (with D3) another perennial whose name eludes me........

I haven't slept well and for long; behind us had a party in the garden till well after midnight- very loud chat so I closed our window completely to reduce the noise; I do like fresh air and always have the window locked on the sneck to allow air to circulate so got a bit of a head this morning. Of course it could be that I have not drunk much alcohol for probably a year cos I enjoy a lot of nonalcoholic wines/pressed raspberry and apple juices/lime and lemon water etc, but last night I shared a bottle of red wine with L- red is always dicey for me and this morning my head does not have its usual clarity!
I am away for a glass of water and a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment