Friday 14 September 2012

Dilemna?

Yesterday's dilemna caused another! We discovered that H1 and I are still different people after all these years of being maritally joined at the hip- we spell dilemna differently- he has a dilemma and I have a dilemna- it seems to be a bit of a discussion point on the internet too.

The dilemna actually was not of major importance- do not laugh! Whether to change the summer duvet to the autumn one? Ever the optimist I always think we might get an Indian summer in September so I have left the summer weight one on and inspite of the drop in temperature and the wind lashing the trees outside, this was the right answer to the dilemna.

We have been gadding about again-
The Little Theatre's 'Blythe Spirit' production was absolutely fabulous- so professional; Saturday's trip to the Theatre Royal to see 'Relatively Speaking' was also laugh a minute- Felicity Kendal was, rather unexpectedly (after Rosemary and Thyme?) hilarious, though we were not so impressed by Kara Tointon's acting skills. A lot of our social life (of the Indian, Italian, pub variety) missed by busyness and holiday is being caught up on.
We also seem to be spending time in medical circles- I am not into this getting older! For those of my readers in the USA (I have checked my stats and there are some!! excitement!) our NHS is wonderful. It does not come free as we pay in via salaries all our working life BUT these 'taxes' fund the NHS at local (General Practitioner) level and hospital level; no paramedics checking your documentation before they will even load you into an ambulance here (I am remembering D1 and D3's experience in New York). People say there are things wrong with the NHS but there are so many things right about it! We could not do without it- well my right eye could not have done without it this week.

Inspite of the wind (gale type not flatulence!) I am going outside to plant- I must get 'Rosy Jane' in before the sun drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment