Sunday 9 February 2014

Film Review4-August:Osage County


Did I show you the orchids I got courtesy of  'Surprise Surprise'?

January's flowers
Oh what can happen between a family which includes 3 daughters! Three sisters can be so different- and often two can gang up against  the other one. Meryl Streep played a mother drugged on prescription medication and I felt for the eldest daughter who had marital problems of her own let alone that of sorting out her mother. Sometimes distance from the family can be so liberating.


February flowers from Bunches

Now which films to see next? 'Dallas Buyer's Club' is getting good reviews......

I am limited in activities at the moment so to keep myself busy


I thought I would knit- first size and plain- aaaagh! the pattern refers me all over between 4 cardigans-and I am not really a knitter (and too busy to learn at this age/stage) but I am going to look up old patterns on the internet to get a truly simple one.

Mud caked boots drying out

Recently we did do a little exercise... merely walking around Bolam Lake- clarty to say the least but up North we have had nothing like all the flooding the South have had; people always think the North gets bad weather but on the whole our weather is So much better than down south- well.... I better go watch Countryfile and check out what is going to hit us!


I do need some advice.... I have grown hyacinths in pots-a heavenly fragrance pervades right through the house BUT they lollop all over the place; any ideas what I have done wrong that they hang out of the pots- I hear Alan Titchmarsh suggests pushing florists' wire down the stem of each- how much time does he have on his hands? Mine get tied up with ribbons and that is about their lot! After flowering they will get dug into the garden to flower outside next year- well worth their price!


No comments:

Post a Comment