Monday 7 July 2014

Jungle fever

Once again I am thwarted! I am back after two weeks away 'nursing' a relative and enjoying looking after a toddler 24/7 (Heck! Exhaustion!) The garden is like a rain forest.

Meanwhile at home H1 doesn't know the difference between a rose and a redwood so everything has just taken off..... but we keep getting torrential downpours (back in the Tropics again!) so I cannot get out there with my machete- well secateurs- and hack everything back.

On Saturday I came in soaked and we gave up and went to the Tyneside Cinema to see 'Belle'. I have always wondered about that painting- Two richly dressed girls in the 1700s but one black and one white- at a time when slavery happened in Britain; I had looked up some research but when I read reviews for a film I was determined to view it. We learned more about the details of 'the Zong' case and recommend the film (though do take into account dramatic licence).

We went to eat at La Vina- Spanish style , pleasant ambience but raw pork which was sent back- & was recompensed with a recook, being taken off bill and a free drink but I couldn't stomach any more.

Yesterday part way through hammering back the Montana clematis the heavens opened again. A dash inside meant we watched some television. I found 'Common' really disquieting; I imagine joint inclusion means less research- but how when even solicitors can hear who actually has committed the crime (in the group), how can they say it was a joint enterprise- and how can the law not abandon the red tape protocol ?

No comments:

Post a Comment