Wednesday 10 October 2012

Breasts

There that caught your attention!
It is 7a.m. I have been awake since 3 a.m. It is a long night made longer by not being able to do anything as the body next to you chortles away, snoring, snorting, popping and fizzing like the Northern Sinfonia. I shouldn't complain as I am lucky to have H1 next to me but if I put the light on to read then he gets cross at being woken up.
Through the window a flight of birds heralds the dawn; coffin black trees poke into the peach-pink lights of early morning; above that hangs the blue sky of another cloudless, autumn, northern day.

Pink reminds me- Are you going to 'Wear it Pink' on October 26th? October is Breast Cancer Action Month so Breast Cancer Campaign is really mounting an awareness month- even Buckingham Palace turned pink on October 2nd. I think we are going to do a Pink Bake and stall at school on the 26th. I shall be in the pink.

On Friday gone H1 and I went to The Pink Gala at Whitley Bay Playhouse; fab! is the only way to describe our night. N. Tyneside have Painted the Town Pink for 4 years now but then they are a very pro-active Council. The Mayor and his wife were just 2 of masses of us who turned up 'dressed to impress' and ALL wearing pink somewhere. We bought a 'favours' box (a stack like a tiered cake stand of all black tiny treasure chests and each adorned with a pink 'jewel') which we found contained a pink and chocolate button AND a message to say we had won a prize- a picture. The all-female cast were brilliant; so much talent in dance, song and costumes; in the backgound the orchestra (such smart 'men in black' with pink ties) provided great and varied music. The night was certainly 'in the mood'. I tried to send E, Ds1,2 and 3 photos on this new mob- but nothing arrived- and nor do I know how to download the photos so I can show the Gala to you. Their swimming pool waves pink sometime this month.

I have yet another stack of bras gathered in from friends that I need to donate to Breast Cancer Campaign, who are pushing this month like fury. Normally you can take them (the bras not the friends) to places like Debenhams- ours has a box in their lingerie fitting rooms for your cast-offs! However the box had been filled last time I went so I await a renewed box which I will provide with more discarded bras for recycling in all sorts of ways. If you want to throw away your bras with gay abandon do get in touch, leave them on our doorstep or drop them into Debenhams for the Breast Cancer Campaign box; darn! I missed the BCC bra box in Eldon Square last week.
Lots of people have painted their pinkie- have you?
What are you going to do to be a superhero?
Check them out girls- and boys- be aware and keep abreast of the times!

No comments:

Post a Comment