Friday 5 October 2012

Broth

The broth is in the making; the pressure cooker hisses ,filling the kitchen with sound and steam. Chicken carcass, lentils, split peas, onions, turnip (swede to some), carrots- today a potato and some mixed herbs. My theory is whoever gets the bay leaf clears the table after our meal but invariably it is in my bowl- I think they all pull a fast one when I am not looking!
A few 'accumulations' of cumulus bubble in a clear, blue sky. I shall plant bulbs, sort pots and absorb some Vitamin D before ladling out a bowl of broth to eat outside on the garden bench.
An incoming lengthy phonechat- and the cloud is thickening up- better dash......

.......5 hours later H1 was back from golf to find me still in the garden but the 'beasties' were prolific for some reason and I gave up and headed inside; during the Little Theatre's 'Crown Matrimonial' I discovered I had been bitten but just once so I was lucky and the borders look tidy.

I reckon more of the same today (after a 'ladies who coffee') but where to put the rubbish since yesterday I filled the garden bin?

No comments:

Post a Comment