Tuesday 12 March 2013

'Abigail's Party' , 'Argo' and ancient Egyptians

Do I seem ubercritical if |I say Hollywood seems to churn out so many films suggesting the Americans won everything? Argo was exciting and full of tension but it seemed to me that actually the Canadians played a large part in evacuating those hostages.

Back to the Theatre Royal..... and while Abigail's party proved no problem, that of her neighbours did; it made us all cringe as everything from Aspro, Ford Capris and Estee Lauder Youth Dew reared their heads from the 1970's and Play for Today all those years ago.

Putting back MY booster cushion, I moved on to a great 30th birthday party at the Brandling Arms. I do not think H1 recalls much of his conduct that night.... and D3 appeared next day in her 'shades'..... but with a complete mix of people, it was a sparkling night.

30 of us spent today pulling the brains out of ancient Egyptians at the Durham Oriental Museum as we learned the art of mummification. I have been to the Museum before several times but I learned SO much today; 'as an archaeologist what do you think this 4,500 year old artefact in your hands was?' Brilliant guesses and interested questions.

Oh! Cardinals in conclave in Rome so I think I will have a look for smoke.



No comments:

Post a Comment