Friday 29 March 2013

Good Friday

I am receiving messages to say folks are decorating their pace eggs and making their Easter bonnets; I have my decorations out ready to work on my bonnet- but I think I will be thwarted by juniors who are far more imaginative than me- but so long as the games are fun (and egg jarping always is!) then I don't mind.

The new PVCs are ready to go! However it is picking snow again and not a lot of sunlight.....
I told you I recycle everything- even natural things like sunlight or air temperature or wind. We have wanted to make our own 'fuel' for 25 plus years and have done so much research. Wind- supposedly (according to Environment Agency) not enough coming our way- Huh! Really? Tell that to our neighbour's fences which constantly come down on our garden border plants. Ground source heat pump- which H1 wanted- (& we have worked on one of these years ago with a friend who did install) maintenance if it has to go downover rather than across a garden? lifting floors to install pipes? slow speed of warming up property? we have been told by those that have them that the pump itself actually takes more power than what you are producing. So moving on.... solar panels? we do not use a lot of hot water. All the friends we have taken to PVC panel meetings over the years have installed them- but not us- partly because tree shade on any single panel would have stopped them all producing- but now some panels work individually so shade doesn't affect them all. So here we go........ We are not so much interested in the tarriff earned by putting our excess electricity back into the National Grid- we just want to put something back and be a bit self sufficient. H1 is so excited he is going to become boring because I know he will give me daily/ nay- hourly readings!

Still the weather is quite dark and freezing and it is Good Friday; none of my daffodils are out for Easter weekend- sometimes I have had a daff from the garden for H1's buttonhole on March 1st but not this year. My potatoes are not chitting well in the icy, cold garage and farmers say your spuds should be planted by Good Friday.

Ooh friends have doves- how exotic that seems to me- and they have had a baby dove! However magpies have attacked and killed the daddy; magpies have so proliferated in the last 10 years- and they are such a menace to other birds.
The cold weather has killed about 10,000 UK lambs this Spring (what Spring?)- can that really be true?

My newly acquired USB cable for downloading pics from my mob has arrived in the post and won't work- my PC is too old methinks.

I cannot put off sewing my Easter bonnet any longer- I'm off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment