Monday 25 March 2013

Wimp

I am fed up.

Fed up with the cold- an easterly wind straight off the sea (& the Continent) put paid to a trip out on Friday. First we went to Howick Hall- closed due to high winds- even the tearoom. So on to Amble for fish and chips- we could barely get the car door open against the wind (but we managed- where there is a will there is a way!); then via 10th Avenue Cakes in Seaton Delaval (wow! loads of geocaching equipment and fab cakes) and on to Tynemouth with a treasure hunt. 3 clues in and I asked to go home - yes I was kitted out with all my outdoor gear (though I didn't have my thermals on - that I do admit). I am a wimp- first time I have ever just declared that I was frozen and I wanted to go home.

Fed up with grey skies since October

Fed up with snow picking across the North every day- though I gather we have escaped the really bad snow elsewhere in the country is experiencing. So I am not really having a moan about that. Though it is almost April- come on......

Fed up with not being able to get outside to garden. We walked 6 miles last week- in mud up to our knees- actually I do not mind mud- the views and companions were smashing; maybe I need more light, Vitamin D or fresh air. I could have gone walking in the Lake District but was told not to book in as there would be a party on - and there wasn't after all.To be honest we probably missed a cold snowy weekend- but the fun would have been good.

Fed up because I cannot decant photos from my simple, little mobile phone to my old, trusty PC; there should? be a connector cable to the USB in the mob box but there ain't one. Agh! Frustration.

Fed up because although the film the Ladies went to see today (Guilt Trap?- see? so engaging I can't even remember its name!)was no epic but just a comfy 'sit and watch' rom com..... there is nothing on the cinema of any consequence at present it seems.

Fed up because H1 recorded 2 Midwives programmes which I watched then discovered he'd then recorded the wrong midwife programmmes so the other 8 of my series are missing. Actually that really doesn't bother me either- missing television programmes never does.

Really none of the things above make me fed up

So far I have even been lucky and missed the sore throat that is circulating ......

Fed up because life is full of uncertainties at the moment- and I do not like uncertainties- they unnerve me.

3 comments:

  1. Seems like we have had a 6 months winter as the snow came early and kept on coming. Mr H fed up as each time he goes out the snow starts and he comes back in covered.
    I never worry if I miss any tv programmes as they will all be repeated,
    Love M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28.3.13

    Fed up because it is so cold.
    Fed up because I am full of cold (again) and have a really sore throat.
    Fed up because my house is a tip and I'm never quite getting on top of it.
    Fed up because I have stack loads of marking to do and no time to do it.

    Not fed up because surely its got to be nearly the warmer weather.
    Not fed up because I just got married and am about to go on my honeymoon.
    Not fed up because even with all the sh*t life throws at you, mostly it's good.
    Not fed up because despite feeling poorly, I'm happy.

    Love you M1!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous29.3.13

    Well I tried to reply- not printed- so it must be floating round in cyber space! Trying again. Happier now uncertainty been checked.

    ReplyDelete