Friday 29 January 2010

Bury my heart at Wounded Knee

I went to the SAGE to see Buffy Sainte Marie; I loved Buffy in my 6th form days of being into folk-and geography days at uni; of course I am with anyone who is into indigenous, badly treated people- and the environment. I think some of my friends think I am daft as I plug away at environmental issues & find a way of recycling any thing which comes near me! Beware H1!!! who was not impressed by the concert. I like the way Buffy (a Cree Indian from Canada) has done so much for her people, never forgets her roots (in fact uses them throughout her concert and her songwriting) and works for PEACE.

Some of my family don't speak to me cos I am into acknowledgement of minority groups- but I ain't ever goin to apologise for having, for example, Irish and Jewish friends- their origin/religion happens to be incidental to our relationship.

I remember not being able to get hold of 'Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee' when it was first published so I asked an American friend L. to send me it; it is definitely & still a book worth reading just as 'Soldier Blue' and 'Dancing with Wolves' are films worth seeing; I remember taking my 6th form to see the latter.

I have decided in the interests of security that I won't blog regularly- Sorry but I am sure you understand why.

I am going to walk the bounds as M says her snowdrops are flowering- already? and after all that snow? of which we have had more flurries today.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl and keep telling it like it is,
    Love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete