Saturday 23 January 2010

The Pudding Club

Yes Ciao, I agree -eating American chocolate is like eating candle wax.

I have just finished reading Julie Walters's 'That's another Story' which D2 bought me for Christmas- quite interesting because I reckon she is the same era as me so there are lots of childhood memories Julie recorded which are familiar to me; she is very honest and open about things though!!!

Last weekend we had a lovely few days away with the Pudding Club- it was an absolute delight to catch up with this group of friends; the North York Moors were still surprisingly deep in snow and we travelled there in brown-stained, icy fog; the hotel was lovely and we all thought the food was delicious- I particularly liked the small ,modern, well lit chapel which is used for short services three times a week; it is unusual (but appreciated) for a hotel to put a room aside for a chapel. Four brave souls walked in sleet,driving snow and fog to Robin Hood's Bay (the village in which Robin may have had an 'escape' boat ready) on Saturday morning but 4 of us chose the hardship of sitting beside the fire, reading papers and books, before going to meet the others in the pub. Sunday saw us wake to sun and glorious views so we walked all over Whitby on M's memory trail which was really interesting.If I could import photos to this blog (I will learn soon) I would put on S's beautiful picture of the view on Sunday morning right across Robin Hood's Bay from the dining room.

I walked with friends on Wednesday in the shire; over lunch in the woods we talked about a bad accident on the dreaded A69 and the black ice on the Military Road the day before; it was only on Thursday that I discovered that one of my very good friends had been involved in the crash; methinks someone was looking after L.

We have gone through boxes, box by box, all week; it has taken ages because there are so many memories attached to each photo,newspaper cutting etc. but gradually boxes are going back into the wardrobe.

Today a group of us painted backdrops and props for the next drama production; how do I manage to get wet and paint splattered yet I was wearing a white kind of boiler suit over my clothes?

Question- re punctuation and computers- when I type something like a semicolon at the end of a sentence -or a full stop- do I leave a space before the symbol or the space after? (I bet F1,000,000,000 will know.) I have illustrated both in that sentence and the layout after 'stop' looks better but is it? Also do I put the full stop inside or outside the bracket?

No comments:

Post a Comment