Tuesday 16 February 2010

Shrove Tuesday

Googling 'retired life' comes up with so many teachers (& retired greyhounds) doing blogs- are we a profession that finds it difficult to retire or are we a profession who are so used to talking & writing we just can't keep our mouths shut?! Anyway I don't think the google spiders have found me - or maybe I don't record controversial enough subjects.

This definitely isn't going to be controversial- Spring must have sprung because I have actually hung out /dried washing outside for the first time this year; it is not snowing or raining but is sunny and the waterlogged earth is drying out at last. I will never forget moving to this estate and being asked by a neighbour why I was bringing the neighbourhood down by hanging washing out..... environment? children? energy bills? the future? I can't remember what I said. Anyway this morning I got 8 'draws' up! Does that comment date me to a person who knows about what it takes to win the 'Pools'?

No comments:

Post a Comment