Tuesday 9 February 2010

Unemployment

I didn't get out of bed till 2pm today- I didn't see the point. With a walk we'd arranged cancelled due to sleet,snow and rain I went back to bed with Dan Brown and the Sunday papers. Once up I probably did more than many do in a whole day- big shop, big pile of ironing etc. I didn't feel guilty, just bored- I think retired life can lose you your raison d'etre so don't do it if like me you like to be really busy & have a purpose or a challenge.

Today's news says the North East has the UK's highest unemployment figures.

2 comments:

  1. Well mrs P what do you think of the latest from Kraft? they are closing the factory near Bristol! so much for no closures a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big wobbly mince pie gobbler11.2.10

    Oh no your big shop meant mince pies (yum!) and now I've started them there won't be stopping me!

    yay!!

    ReplyDelete