Monday 8 March 2010

Where's me wenches?

I am the world's worst blogger, I know; weblogging should be done regularly & it is almost a week now but I have been sooo busy- feast or famine....

Wonderful Wednesday to don walking boots and meet up with the gang; C took us on a walk from the Crown Inn in Humshaugh & by Haughton Castle- myriads of snowdrops and lots of catching up en route; I really enjoyed today except later I don't think my writing did so well- the criticism was honest but there was little positive- why do I always get the wrong handle on the homework?- basically I am museless & would rather write children's stories- I'll probably find at a class for that I am not as good as I thought! We called in at North Acomb Farm for sausage of various kinds- gluten free, pure beef and farmhouse for the hordes coming for the weekend.

Thursday saw me at a Climate Change day at a local high School- our kids were SO well behaved - I was really proud to be with them; my teacher's blood rose at the behaviour of some of the others but D1 kept me & my mouth in check.

I baked a rhubarb crumble, an apple crumble, 2 plate mince pies (& of course 4 little sweet mince pies for D3- the Mincepie Queen), a milk chocolate cake (Bero of course), a veggie chilli con carne; by Friday lunchtime D3 had a halfday so we left H1 at home for a meeting and headed to see beautiful snowdrops and Lucky Spot Stella McCartney's crystal horse (again) at (muddy) Belsay Hall; yes , we did go via the raspberry pie & scones at the Blacksmith's. I do feel it is my duty to support England's (especially Northumbrian) rural economy by eating scones & drinking tea.

Saturday saw a flurry of hairdressing & bed making , visits to Central Station & the Sage, Angel of the North , beautiful Grey's Street etc., to show visitors our wonderful city. After the 16 were fed & watered,they departed in minibus for a ghost evening with Captain Jack at the Castle Keep and various hostelries while we went to a Team Kenya fund raising night of music. Both events were considered great fun and good birthday celebrations. I believe the 'Birdy song' and an amoeba dance were particularly brilliant. After a Sunday English breakfast & the birthday cake folks departed to the deep South while others came to pick up their cars; dishes washed (lots of glasses!),beds were stripped, washer and television on (the latter disguised snoozing) interrupted by a quick visit to TGI FRIDAY's.

The week starts again with a lunch with the Ladies at the Widdrington Inn and a LOOOOOOOONG walk along Druridge beach. While Time and tide (and creative writing homework) waits for no man- the washing & ironing will wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment