Wednesday 10 March 2010

www.northumbriansounds.com and Hadrian's Wall

I am trying to improve my frequency at blogging..... the road to Hell is paved with intentions......

Yesterday I treated myself to a cuppa with M before I got writing; and my writing homework was done early- not done that for ages.

Another day of blue sky; H1 says the temperature is 10 degrees. It was great to meet again with the walking group; we had scones in, & walked from, Shepherd's Dene (a really lovely retreat centre) in Riding Mill and returned there for afternoon tea. I love the poem on Northumberland read near the start of the walk; to hear it again check out D3's www.northumbriansounds.com with your speakers on.

We are so excited! D3, H1 and I are illuminati; we are going to be part of the illumination of Hadrian's Wall on Saturday. We will leave the home guard here to do what home guards do best while we take part in the 1600th anniversary of the Roman Wall kind of losing its light- by lighting it up again. It has been on Country File and various other tv programmes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, You are lucky to have been selected as an illuminati...good luck and hope the weather holds. I know that there will be tremendous publicity and hundreds of photos...but when the dust settles if you wanted to share how it had gone for you and your friends we would love to post it on our blog. Our company is also close to the wall and one of us will be holding a torch near Banks ( lanercost ).
    Email is colin.corlett1 at googlemail.com

    All the best

    Colin

    ReplyDelete