Sunday 28 March 2010

The Lake District

I have committed the unforgiveable- I wagged it from my writing class to go to a birthday celebration; I am stuck; I am writing between genres & even writing to the one I prefer is coming out childish rather than for children.

We went to join 'The Gang' at the Lakes via coffee at the Sharrow Bay . We mooched round Keswick and lunched & coffeed (again). Our B&B was a delight again- with new owners who were somewhat surprised to have all nine of us- but they managed wonderfully. The meal at The Farmers was poor but Saturday's meal at the Derwent Lodge made up for it. We walked round Crummock Water, Buttersmere and LowesWater with the biggest, packed lunch and smashing weather. We also did just 7 miles in the Newlands valley.

With all these scones, packed lunches and evening meals I am looking for a missing waistline

The snowdrops have now gone over as have the crocuses but the daffodils bob golden and gentle in our borders welcoming in the hour which did a spring forward during the night; the days will be longer now; the sun is coming back- as is D3.

No comments:

Post a Comment