Tuesday 2 March 2010

Blue skies, shining at me....

At last! Sunshine and blue skies- chilly but a beautiful Monday. The Ladies went a-walking on a Metro walk through Sunderland but we got lost and missed a Metro station & lunch so got off at Monument & went to the Coffee Bean on old Eldon Square. We found snowdrops all over- I am so cheered up; is that because I have had fish (smoked mackerel) for tea and hit the fish oil tablets recommended by a lovely (dentist) lady at Sunday's 60th? Ugh! I don't like fish to eat and loathe the smell in the house after cooking it. The fishermen at Seahouses would never eat mackerel because they reckoned they fed at the end of sewage pipes- yet their flesh is so white.....

Tuesday has arrived with more blue skies and sunshine. I have coffeed at Dobbies with M. and met J&J in Corbridge for lunch- being a virtuous girl I refused pudding aaaagh! the Italian puds looked gorgeous but I am thinking thin (again). Also checked out furniture & coffeed at Starbucks as we met with D1. My life is such a social whirl. Instead of being this whirling Dervish I should be doing my homework.

I am so excited at buying potatoes to chit today; also rhubarb to put in the garden when it finally defrosts enough to dig; apparently something in rhubarb can prove beneficial in the fight against breast cancer so I shall have to make & eat lots of rhubarb crumble.

Yesterday was St. David's Day but H1 dashed off to play down the fairway so missed the daffodil buttonhole I normally give him and without this bit of Celtic luck he didn't do so well on the golf course and bridge was cut short by a gas leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment