Monday 5 April 2010

Happy Easter and traditions

Evening- the best part of the day; the sun is lighting the gable end of the house opposite us; not before time! We have had a lovely weekend, in spite of not because of, the weather....dull, rainy, quite chilly....

D2 arrived back in the UK and headed up north. D1 calmed down from the gruelling schedule she has kept up for some weeks now; D3 actually managed to get some time to come home!

I am off to watch the football and meet friends at the pub & will finish this later by which time we will know if Newcastle are going up!!!Huh! I am not so sure they will be Premiership quality but let's at least get up there! H1 has just said " Newcastle is promoted" I think I might have to eat an Easter egg to celebrate.

I am back and can't go to bed as I need to clean my teeth but I have too much chocolate in my mouth as yet- merely in the interests of clearing up again (does this sound like my post Christmas blogs?!)

I feel sad to have washed up 5 plates & flutes & now we are down in numbers again. We have laughed hysterically at Articulate and Cluedo and been out for a meal at Avanti again. We organised the wine,(p)egg hunt with P, bonnet & paste egg competitions and of course egg jarping- A and G always get to the semi finals then get dunched out by some 4yr old- but such 'high class rubbish' (to quote Fr J.) is all in the interests of English , nay, Northern , tradition- and good fun; age makes no difference as we all laugh together and create memories for the young.



We went to the Free Trade for a drink and view of England's most wonderful city (unbiased view); the ex Belle & Herbe (now Butterfly Can't remember) provided us with fab food; a game of bowling meant D3 won (to H1's irritation) whilst I kept them both up.

The boots and water proofs are dry at last; the house no longer looks like a chinese laundry.

Lots of friends are away on holiday it seems.

You know what? I think friends and relatives are transient... being made in and kept for certain times/incidents/stages of your life then disappearing again as you or they drop that interest or they no longer need you. Very few stay with you lifelong.

No comments:

Post a Comment